Monday, August 31, 2009

Spanish Rice

I was craving spanish rice the other night to go with our tacos but didn't have one of those crummy boxes of rice so I decided to figure out how to make up my own recipe. I first cooked 2 cups of rice in my rice cooker and put in chicken stock instead of water. If you don't have a rice cooker go buy one, they make the perfect rice every time. While my rice cooked I sauteed up a half an onion and garlic in a pan, until the onions were soft. When the rice was done I added it to the onions in the pan. I also mixed in a small can of diced green chilies, about 8 ounces of tomato sauce. I seasoned to to taste with cumin, chili powder, and salt/pepper. Then I transfered to a pyrex and keep warm in the oven until the tacos were done. This rice was very good and very easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment