Sunday, August 30, 2009

Scrambled Eggs with Tomatoes,and Goat Cheese

Every meal we eat right now has tomatoes in it, luckily we love tomatoes. This morning I wanted to use up the rest of the herbed goat cheese we had in the fridge that I knew wouldn't last many more days. So I went to the garden and picked a handful of cherry tomatoes, which I cut into halves. Then I scrambled up 4 eggs and 1 egg white with a little bit of milk, seasoned with some pepper (I don't salt my eggs until after they are cooked because Rachael Ray says they can get tough). When I make us eggs I usually give about 2-2 1/2 eggs per person. I dropped the tomatoes in first so they would cook alittle, then poured the eggs on top. I let the eggs cook about half way through then I put in the crumbled goat cheese, about 10 basil leaves that I tour up, and a little bit of fresh mozzarella I also had.

I served this with some orange slices and breakfast potatoes by Simply Potato. If you haven't used Simple Potato before I would strongly encourage you to try this product. It is very handy to have this if you want to make a quick breakfast. These are the breakfast potatoes that I also use in my One Dish Breakfast, that was one of my first recipes I blogged about. So if you are growing tomatoes and are running out of things to do with them try out this breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment