Sunday, August 30, 2009

BLT night



Tonight I stole a tradition our good family friends do every year. Since they have been married they have grown tomatoes in their garden and every year the first ripe tomato they get they make BLT's with. When we started our garden I told Brian I wanted to do the same. BLT's have always been one of my favorite sandwiches, and in college at WWU, BLT night was always my favorite. So tonight was the night we started our annual BLT tradition. I went to the store bought a good package of apple wood smoked bacon and a watermelon.

Some people don't like cooking bacon because it makes you stink, so my advice is to cook it in the oven like they do in restaurants. You will not stink and you will get perfectly cooked bacon. I put the oven at 425 and laid the bacon on a baking sheet. You will have to pour off some grease and flip them half-way through. Should take about 12 minutes, just make sure to keep an eye on it to the crispiness your prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment