Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Drifter Pale Ale by Widmer Brothers

I have not blogged about my food in a couple months. Not because I haven't cooked or tasted food that has not inspired me but because of my dying computer. It gets slower everyday. But today I went and saw the movie Julie and Julia which inspired me to try to post something new and not throw my computer out of the window.

A couple of nights a week, some of you might know, I bartend...still at a restaurant. It is my love for food, people, and the industry that keep me there despite finally (well almost) having my career on track. Being at the restaurant fulfills me in a different way than hanging out at school during the day. I like the interaction with adults and I love being around food.

Well, now on to the point of this post. I like beer but rarely have a beer in our fridge that I like for myself. This summer when we got Drifter on tap at the restaurant was the first time in a long time I found a beer I have tried to keep in the fridge for myself. This would of been a good idea but unfortunately for me, Brian has really enjoyed it to.

I have sold alot of these at the restaurant because I really believe it is one of the best new beers to hit the shelves. It is very easy to drink, and has such a great, unique citrus taste. Many of my customers when trying it for the first time say they taste grapefruit, which I agree with hints of orange. Most all the people I have given tastes to have ended up purchasing it. Now, many people think a pale ale= a girl beer, but that is way off base. This is a beer that anyone will enjoy. So if you are cruising the beer aisle and want to try something new, I suggest Drifter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment