Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Hot and Sweet drumsticks


These were very easy and a crowd pleaser. Would be a great chicken dish to bring to your next summer picnic!

Ingredients
  • 1 cup apricot preserves
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 2 teaspoons minced garlic
  • 2 teaspoons of tabasco or another hot sauce
  • 3 lbs drumsticks
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350F. In a small saucepan, combine preserves, ketchup, soy sauce, garlic and hot pepper sauce. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until preserves are melted.

    Arrange drumsticks in a single layer on a 13 x 9″ baking pan. Pour sauce over drumsticks, turning to coat. Bake, uncovered, for 40-45 minutes or until chicken is done, spooning sauce over drumsticks while baking. Serves 6.


2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of apricot! Mmmm. Your food blog is the best because it's stuff I would actually make. Are these recipes you create yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do a lot of looking at a recipe and adjusting it. I do make a lot of my own recipes, especially soups but I get lazy to write them down. Or I take a recipe and change it up with different ingredients but same technique.

    ReplyDelete