Sunday, August 29, 2010

Chili my way!

I love chili in the winter. It is so hearty, warm, and the perfect way to end a long rainy day. This is my go to chili that I always have all the ingredients on hand for. I usually have it with corn bread, another great topping is tortilla chips!

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 to 2 lbs ground turkey (or beef)
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 2 garlic cloves chopped
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 1 teaspoon oregano
  • 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon red pepper sauce or more if you like spice
  • 1 can ( 16 ounce) whole tomatoes, undrained
  • 1 can (15 to 16 ounce) red kidney beans undrained
  • 1 can (15 to 16 ounce) black beans undrained
  • 1 can (15 to 16 ounce) corn drained
Directions
  1. Cook turkey, onion and garlic in a 3-quart saucepan, stirring occasionally, until turkey is cooked, drain.
  2. Stir in remaining ingredients except beans and corn, breaking up tomatoes. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
  3. Stir in beans and corn. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until desired thickness.

1 comment:

  1. Way to get back into blogging... and with so much going on... I am proud... I don't cook... but I still read :)

    ReplyDelete