Thursday, September 9, 2010

Back to School Italian Pot Roast in the Crock Pot!

I'm trying to find lots of good crock pot recipes for when I go back to work this fall. Now that the little one has entered the picture I realized I have to be a lot more efficient with my weekly meal planning. I found this recipe and thought I would try it out. Very easy, very few ingredients and extremely flavorful! It was to say the least a hit in our house. I decided to make mashed potatoes to serve it on, but you could also put cubed potatoes in the crock pot while the roast cooks too. Try out this easy comfort meal this fall!

Ingredients
  • 3-4 lb boneless round roast
  • 1 medium sized onion, sliced
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
  • .7 pkg. dry Italian salad dressing mix
Directions
  1. Slice roast in quarters for even cooking and to distribute the flavors better. Place in slow cooker.
  2. Cover with sliced onions.
  3. In small bowl, stir together remaining ingredients and pour over meat and onions.
  4. Cook on low for 4 hours, and then on high for another 1-2, or until meat is tender.
  5. Shred meat and serve in sauce over rice or mashed potatoes.

3 comments:

  1. You KNOW I love a good crock pot recipe! I will be trying this. Looks easy (right up my alley :) and delish! When do you have to go back to work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey what's the yummy-looking breaded stuff on the side?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I go back Oct 1st, going to be an adjustment, any tips? Those are zucchinni crisps, I have the recipe for them on a older post with the feta stuffed turkey burgers!

    ReplyDelete