Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Who doesn't love a slider? Meatball Sliders!!!


Who doesn't love a slider? Their is something about eating a smaller version of things that makes it fun!

Brian was having a group of guys over to watch a UFC fight, so I was trying to think of something easy that would satisfy this group of hungary men. After tossing out a couple of ideas Brian decided on the meatball slider idea.

We went to Costco and bought their Kirkland brand meatballs, I heard they also come in turkey but I could not find them that day. We also picked up the rolls they make in their bakery. So many come in both the meatball bag and roll bag that you will be sure not to run out of either.

I followed the directions on the meatballs and cooked them in the oven until they started to brown. While they were cooking I warmed up a couple jars of spaghetti sauce in my crock pot. You can use any jars of sauce you prefer, I just grabbed a couple of cheap jars from Trader Joes. After the meatballs were done I added them to the warmed sauce and kept the crock pot at the warming temp. Next to my crock pot on the counter I set a bowl of the rolls and a plate of provolone slices cut to the size of the rolls.

When I got home Brian told me more than once what a hit these were and I could tell by the amount of meatballs that were left... not very many.

As a side dish I made the boys an italian inspired pasta salad....I'll post that recipe in the future for summer!

So next time you are having a gathering this is a stressless idea to feed the masses!

2 comments:

  1. Omigosh, omigosh- I love this...and on the rolls, good idea! Love meatballs and I'm Costco re-born now that we've got to buy baby stuff so I'll try these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you two like to entertain, so this is a good one for a crowd!

    ReplyDelete