Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Pizza... Breakfast Pizza!


I saw a recipe in my new Rachel Ray magazine for a breakfast pizza, so one saturday morning I used her recipe as inspiration for my own breakfast pizza based on what I had in the fridge. I usually have a Pillsbury pizza crust in my fridge for a quick pizza when I have a craving. I baked it first though without the toppings following the directions on the package. As it cooked I browned up some pre-packaged hash browns with some onions and red bell pepper I diced up. After the hash browns were cooked I set them aside on a plate. Then I scrambled up about 4 eggs with some left over ham I had in the fridge. By that time the pizza crust was done. So I took that out of the over and spread some reduced fat sour cream on it, a thin layer. Next I layered the hash browns and spread them out and then the scrambled eggs over that. I put some shredded cheddar cheese over the top and then put the pizza back in the oven for about 5 minutes until the cheese melted.

This turned out pretty darn good I must say! Brian said it has moved to the top of his favorite breakfasts! This would be a great recipe for a brunch if you are having a group of people over! Make a nice fruit salad and you have a great breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment