Tuesday, April 12, 2011

2nd chance dinner with pork tenderloin cont....


On my March 2nd, 2011 blog I made a pork tenderloin and then made little sandwiches out of the leftovers. We enjoyed this pork tenderloin so much we made it again last week. I wanted to think of another 2nd chance dinner with it and when I went to the grocery store I saw a fruit salsa that caught my eye and helped spark my idea for this 2nd chance dinner.

This time I made what I called California burritos because it made me think of California, duh!

Ingredients
  • leftover pork cut into small pieces
  • leftover cooked rice
  • 2 onions caramelized
  • black beans
  • shredded lettuce
  • shredded pepper jack cheese
  • tortillas
  • fruit salsa ( such as mango)
I think when it comes to burritos it is everyone's personal taste on what they want or like in it. We had guests over and I set up the ingredients and let them choose what they wanted in their burrito and how much. These were amazing, I really like the Californian twist I put on them. It is fun at times to step out of the culinary box on what you expect from a recipe.


1 comment:

  1. Dang, I have to remember not to read this at 10pm when I'm in bed because now I want to go downstairs and eat again. Your burrito looks awesome! Yum.

    ReplyDelete