Sunday, January 16, 2011

Hawaiian Chicken with Citrus Cilantro Rice


This is a great recipe for you ladies to have your men to put together. My husband was on vacation this week so I had him marinade the chicken while I was at work. When it came to dinner time I had him man the chicken while I took care of the rice. This chicken was very delicious and flavorful. I find ginger can be overpowering at times but it was just the right amount that added subtle flavor. I can't wait to make this chicken for a summer bbq!

Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup pineapple juice
  • 2 tablespoons ketchup
  • 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons minced peeled ginger
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • Cooking spray
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 2 cups hot cooked rice (I use brown rice) but use whatever you prefer
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1/2 lime
Directions
  1. Combine first 5 ingredients. Reserve 1/4 cup marinade, placing remaining marinade in a zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag, seal. Chill 4 hours.
  2. Heat a grill pan or bbq over medium high heat. Coat pan or grill with cooking spray. Remove chicken from bag, discard marinade in bag. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Add chicken to grill pan or bbq, baste with 2 tablespoons of reserved marinade. Cook 6 minutes. Turn chicken over, baste with 2 tablespoons reserved marinade. Cook 6 minutes.
  3. Combine rice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, cilantro and juice from 1/2 lime.

2 comments:

  1. Nat you are so good in the kitchen! This looks so good and I'm not even a big fan of whole chicken breasts. You should save your next big recipe for a contest we're having on www.beautiesandthefeast.blogspot.com. We're giving away a $35 gc to CSN stores to one reader who posts a recipe. Details coming soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did post a recipe...can I post more than one???

    ReplyDelete