Monday, December 7, 2009

Easy and Delicious Stuffed Mushrooms

I never thought I liked mushrooms and now to think of all the years I missed out makes me sad. I love the earthy and almost meat-like quality of a mushroom. This was an appetizer my roommate in college made all the time and everyone loved them!!! Well I did not know until years later when I entered my mushroom eating years, what I had been missing out on. So, as the holidays are here and in full swing, I am sure many of you are looking for new, quick easy ideas for appetizers. Try this one out and I promise it will not disappoint!

Ingredients
  • 2 lbs of white or cremini mushrooms
  • 1 lb of Jimmy Dean sausage or another brand
  • 1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese (I prefer light), softened
  • bread crumbs (optional)
Directions
  1. Take stems out of mushrooms. Lightly clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel to clean off the dirt.
  2. In a bowl mix the softened cream cheese and sausage.
  3. Fill mushrooms with mixture.
  4. Put mushrooms on a cookie sheet or baking dish and sprinkle bread crumbs over each mushroom.
  5. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
  6. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment