Saturday, October 24, 2009

Tomato and Basil pasta



Most of our meals for August centered around all the cherry tomatoes I was growing in our garden. I remembered a dish I loved that my friends mom made so I decided to use that as my inspiration to come up with my own dish.

This dish is quick and easy. First, I coated the bottom of my pan with olive oil and put in three cloves of minced garlic, I love garlic so adjust to your preference. Cook at around medium-high heat. When the garlic started to cook I added in a couple splashes of white wine and continued to cook it a little more until the liquid started to reduce. I used probably around 2 cups worth of cherry tomatoes. I put them in and cooked them until they started to pop.

While you are doing this boil water and cook about a half package of angel hair or any other thin pasta noodle.

When the pasta is cooked, add to pan with tomatoes and toss to coat pasta. Throw in cut up fresh basil and enjoy!!!

2 comments:

  1. All your recipes look so good Nat and they are within my culinary capabilities. ;-) Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Missy, I was excited to see a comment today, I didn't know if anyone was looking=)

    ReplyDelete