Monday, April 20, 2009

Oba!!!

For my big 3-0, Bri and my mom took me to Oba for dinner. If you haven't been to Oba yet it is a great restaurant located in Portland's Pearl District. It has everything I look for in a good restaurant; great service, awesome food and lots of atmosphere. For Bri and I it is the type of restaurant we would only go on special occasions because it is not what I consider cheap but it is worth the money (entrees range from $19-$40).


So, now you are probably wondering what kind of food is served there? Well the food they have is what they call Nuevo Latino. Nuevo Latino is food influenced by the cultures/countries of the Carribbean, Cuba, South/Central America and interpreted in a way that reflects the tastes of people in the NW. I truly feel that any kind of eater can find a dish here they would love.

I had freshly caught halibut with a poblano pepper sauce served with fingerling potatoes, and veggies


My mom had the 10 ounce prime rib with mashed potatoes, asparagus with corn salsa.


Other items I recommend are their blood-orange margaritas, they are awesome! So if you want to go to a unique restaurant give Oba a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment